Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cake Decorating 101

I'm taking a cake decorating class with a friend at Michaels on Wednesday nights and I am just having a blast! There are only a few days left but then I'll sign up for the next class, because I'm having so much fun!

Last week we learned to use a few different types of tips and had to decorate our cake using some of those tips. We got to pick from using a cupcake pattern or a fish pattern. I picked the fish and here is how my first cake turned out - I've got some improving to do, but ya gotta start somewhere.



Below is the inside of the cake. I had to learn how to level and fill the in between. So fun!


Not too shabby.... I hope by the end I'll have something a lot better.

xox m.

2 comments:

Jaclyn Porter said...

That turned out great Mer! Im glad your having fun with it, it is fun!

Meredith and Steve Bach said...

Thanks Jaclyn! Tomorrow is our final... so we shall see how it goes. I Think I'm going to sign up for Class 2. It's been a blast so far!!

Post a Comment