Friday, July 22, 2011

It's been a few weeks since I've been on here.... whoops! Many things have happen, but to be honest, I've just been exhausted so the last thing I could think of was blogging. So I apologize. This baby was putting all my energy on the low end. However, I am a few weeks shy of the 2nd trimester and I am starting to bounce back! YAY!  I have to admit; I have had no morning sickness, and haven’t really even ‘felt’ preggers. (Yes I'm knocking on wood!)  The only thing that has been different is the fact that once the afternoon comes all I want to do is take a nap, and I do! (Ahhh the joys of working from home and for yourself). I was told that one of the top things to do when you are pregnant is to listen to your body. I am fortunate enough that I can listen and take a snooze, but honestly I am NOT a nap person. I don’t like to take them, and if I ever do I just feel blah the rest of the day. Naps are usually no good to me. But the past weeks, er…. month….. naps have been my best friend! The first time I slept from 1 – 5 and then went to bed at 8:30. I felt kind of guilty, but all my work was done for the day, and obviously I was tired, so I listened to my body. It felt good….


K so quick updates and then I will be back on track to blogging….


  • We had our first doctor’s appointment and got to see and hear our lil peanuts heartbeat. Best moment of our lives!! We are blessed.
  • Steve and I celebrated our one year anniversary! Boy does time fly! And we heard the first year is the hardest…. Not in our case. It has been extremely amazing thus far! (Can’t wait to see what we say next year when we have a 5 month old ;))
  •  Made a few more improvements to our home.
  • Steve almost lost his life on a motorcycle accident. Short Story: He was riding home from work and a Comcast wire fell down and damaged his bike, then flung up into his helmet and did some work on his face. He is alive, so praise God!! 2 inches lower and he could have been decapitated. Needless to say…. We are selling the bike.
  • Bumper Krop is doing awesome! Jen and I are always working on a project and keep getting new clients (praise God!) The other week we landed our first HUGE job. We now need to talk with our tax man as we have surpassed our yearly goal (it’s only July!).
  • Steve had a guy’s day on the water and was riding the wave runners. (Steve's neck still felt sore so he took it easy and was just riding – no tricks). Well he all of a sudden got knocked off his wave runner…. Fishing line caught him right across his face. SERIOUSLY! We now have 5 more life insurance policies taken out on this kid. Maybe we should take out a few more....
  • Travel plans are in the works for October. Destination: Fly to Sacramento. Cali (visit Aunt Sally and Uncle Graham)à San Franà Monterey (Visit Granddad Jimmy) àPhoenix, AZ (visit Nana and Granddad) àGrand Canyon àHome. Can't wait!!  

Whew…. Ok so now I am slightly caught up. I hope I can keep it up! J

Have to end with a photo....





xox m.

1 comments:

The Catheys said...

So fun that you got to hear the heartbeat:) And I'm so glad that Steve is okay! How scary:/

Post a Comment