Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm His Coupon Bunny

Today was another crash course for me in couponing. I collected two papers, the Chicago Trib which I purchased, and the NW Herald that my mom gave to me when she was finished with it. I figured out what items I needed, what items that were a good deal that I may need in the future, and the items that were FREE! :)

Here is the low-down.

















$120.78 worth of items that I got for $46.69.
Yep, a 61% savings right there! :) I’m learning because last time I only saved 50%

Here are my TOP savings out of this bunch.

Emergen-C Vitamin C = FREE
This will go in my donations box.

Hyland’s Cold ‘n Cough 4 kids = FREE
This will go in my donations box.

Select Harvest Soup = 4 cans on sale at $1, I printed out 4 coupons for $1.00 off one can = FREE

Playtex - On sale with coupon = FREE

Crest Pro Health Toothpaste = 0.99 each

Kraft Cream Cheese = 5 at $0.25 each
On sale for 4 for $5.00. I had a coupon for $5 off 5 Kraft items.

Ramen was on sale 10 for $1.00
These will go in my donation box as well.

Ritz Crackers = 4 boxes for $5.52
They were on sale for $1.88 each and I had 2 $1.00 off 2 boxes.

Lucky Charms = 4 boxes for $5.96
They were on sale for $1.99 each and I had 2 $1.00 off 2 boxes.

Bounty Paper Towels = 1 pack for 5.24
On sale for 6.49 and I had 2 coupons, $1 off and $.25 off.

So I’m getting the hang of this a little each time.

I was super over whelmed with clipping the coupons, figuring out how to use them, and where to even put them once I clipped them. So I am trying to figure out a system for my house and then a systemfor when I actually go to the store and need to bring those coupons along for the ride. Today I believe I had a total of 29 scanned coupons, and had about 50 on me. So as you could imagine, I was all over the place when pulling those cut pieces of papers out from my purse to make sure those where the right coupons I needed to scan for my purchase. So once I figure it out, I’ll share.

You may be wondering if Steve is going along with the madness, and he just smiles at me and says he loves his little coupon bunny. He really is a great husband and how well he puts up with my crazy coupon cutting and wanting to make our dollar go even further. The crowning moment was when he text me to see if I could get a coupon for RV Antifreeze. I told him I could see what I can do, and *ting* we are now saving a dollar on each gallon that we need to purchase (8 in total). So I’ll continue to wiggle my tail and hop on to my next coupon saving item.

xo m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment