Thursday, November 17, 2011

The List

Call it nesting, but I had an urge to make a list of items to do before the baby comes.


The items on my list range from finishing the kitchen to painting a side table for the nursery. So I have control of some items, but not all ;)


There are 40 items (so far) on the list and 3.... make that 4 items have now been crossed off.

7. Find a crib that we like.

8. Make Christmas Tree skirt
If you missed it, check it out here!

16. Powerwash the side of the house (this number is really not crossed off per say... it got move to the 'after baby is here' list. It's now too cold to wash the house so once spring hits it will happen.)

40. Make baby sleepers.  Oh yes, I made 2 fleece blanket sleepers and they turned out, ok. I don't sew really... just tinker. So this was a HUGE project for me. I followed a tutorial from the blog Make It & Love It. The tutorial was changeling for a non-sewer, but I didn't follow it to a T. I skipped a few steps and added a few more... this could possibly be why it was a little changeling, but at least I can check it off my list now! Oh and I wasn't thinking about getting a fleece fabric that was gender neutral. If it turns out that I am cooking a boy in my oven..... well he will never know what he is wearing right? As long as he is warm that is all that matters ;)


The Baby Blanket

First I cut the fabric to the correct shape and split one half down the middle for the zipper. I completely guessed on the size so this sleep blanket might not even fit my baby until summer, ha-ha shoot.



Then I attached the zipper. I used tape for holding down the zipper instead of pins. It worked out great!



Next I sewed the two pieces together and curled in the arm and neck hole. (Curled in- not a typical sewing term I know. I'm new at this... that is the only way I can think to describe it!.)



Then I made a little snap fold over to hide the zipper, and BAM.... a blanket sleeper for a girl. LOL.


xox m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment