Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloweenie Preview

On Halloween we will have owned our home for ONE YEAR!! Where did the time go? It's crazy to think it just flew by. We just love our home!

Last year on the day we signed the papers we purchased $50.00 worth of candy thinking that would be PLENTY!!  (Side Note: I thought it would be plenty because I came from living with my parents where we would only buy 4-9 BIG candy bars for the trick-or-treaters because we only had a few kids stop by... and well maybe one big kid :) ). So as we are working on the outside of our new home we placed a basket filled with candy in it, and one by one they came! 20 minutes later.... we were empty. Dead bone dried out. CRAZINESS!! Now we are the new neighbors with no candy. ha-ha. 

Well this year things have changed.  Steve and I decided we are going to connect the trailer to the golf cart and drive all the neighbor kids around the block. Then head to my parents for a movie. We are trying to save still so we sliced that candy bill more than half! No candy for trick-or-treaters that stop by, but our lil neighbor friends will get a special treat.... here is a little preview on what I've been working on for them.

(Side Note: When I say neighbor kids, I mean the 8 or so homes that are right by us that have the 18+ kids under the age of 8 that we have come to love.) 



Oh yes.... Play-Doh!!! Love that smell! :)

Can you tell I just eat this stuff up? I love being creative, and am so very thankful that God has given me that bone in my body. Love him!

  
Happy Halloweenie (Sunday!)

xox m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment