Sunday, July 26, 2009

wedding/house hunting oh my

Today Suz and I sat on the front porch swinging, reading bridal magazines, and dreaming up dreams. We decided we should have a nice little break and go stroll among some antique stores to get more ideas. We came across old(but not used) hankies, a bag full of old thread on wooden spools, magazine racks, funky plates, an awesome ice chest, but most of all we found THIS...





The picture was taken from my phone and it doesn't do it justice at all. This piece of furniture is just so outstanding. We thought if we bought it we can put it in my kitchen and use it for either A. an island, or B. part of the counter that shoots out. Part A. would be great if I have a huge kitchen. Part B. would work wonderful because the other side (the side you can't see) is painted hunter green and shoots inward so a few stools could be placed there and act as a breakfast bar!! I just can see my country kitchen now.... sigh.... one day one day. I guess I should focus on getting a home first and then focus on the items that go inside. Like the one pictured above :)

I'm off to do some more house hunting online. Steve and I have found quite a few houses that we would like to go see and discover. However most of them are foreclosers or short sales. I feel so bad for the people who live in these houses. It's like I'm coming in to take all their hopes and dreams away. I guess I have to look at it with the glass half full and think that I am helping them out if I purchase their home and take the load off of their shoulders so they don't get into further troubles. But still I feel bad.

Until next time...

xo m

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Meredith! Foreclosures aren't bad unless they have trashed the house on their way out. Short sales are a total mess because the bank has to approve your price and then generally a mortgage insurance company too. I wish you the best of luck in your search. We have been through 4 houses already... It's starting to get old!

Post a Comment