Monday, July 13, 2009

We're Engaged!!

I don't even know where to begin, but I do know that I have been so blessed to have found someone so perfectly wonderful that I can call my future husband, also known as my FIANCE!!! :) And that is why I decided to label our URL as steveandmeredithbach.... because one day we will be married for the rest of our lives and lets be honest I didn't want to make another blog after we get married. SO without further ado... Our Engagement story!

The Short Version:

He took me to this little chapel in the woods along Lake Michigan in Door County, WI and did the whole down on one knee thing! ;)



Long Version (with photos):

It started out with a fun fill week up in Door County with a family reunion. I love being around my family, they just mean the world and more to me, so Steve had perfect timing! :)



Every morning we would wake up here...




or here...






Then everyone from one house would come to the other house in the morning, or visa versa, to figure out the days plan.

Well on this one very particular day, July 6th 2009 (and that happens to be my brothers Birthday as well!!) Everyone decided we would go hiking in the dunes and go look at this little wooden chapel in the woods called the Björklunden chapel.

So everyone piled into the cars and vans as I waited for Steve to get into the Jeep. He had a "stomach ache" and was getting his things together so he told everyone to just go ahead while I waited in the car for him.

So the family went on their way to the church first and then dunes... or so I thought.

Well Steve finally came out to the Jeep and was ready to go. As I drove the speed limit *wink wink* I rushed to the church where we were all going to meet and for some reason couldn't find anyone there. So in my mind I thought we were going to the dunes first and then the church. So I thought we should at least get out of the Jeep and look at the little church since we were already there. This is what I saw...


This is the back of the Björklunden chapel.



Full front view of the chapel.



And then we went to open the door to look inside it was locked. So I figured I would go around back again and see if my family was coming, but then Steve called me to come back. As I walked to the front of the chapel he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! I had no idea that he was going to ask me it was just a complete surprise and when he asked me the tears just fell. I was shock when he opened the ring box because when he did I saw the most beautiful ring that I have ever seen. The sun was hitting it in a way that made it look like it was the sun's job to hit that diamond and make it shine. The ring just sparkled like I never knew a diamond could sparkle. And of course after he asked me, and I picked my jaw back up from the grown, I said YES!! Oh and I might have thrown in a "Shut up!" and a "Wait what did you say!?" but my eyes swelled up and I said forever and ever babe!
Then we had a little photo opt.




After we couldn't stop smiling and hugging a lady came walking to the church with a huge key and opened the doors for us! (Steve told me the original plan was that the doors of the church were supposed to be opened for us and he was going to propose inside. I thought it was perfect how he did it anyway!)

Here are a few photos from inside. The chapel holds 35 people max. It's just so beautiful.





And these are the ring shots! :) How lucky am I?!?





So after Steve proposed we left the Björklunden chapel and headed to the Dunes where my whole family was waiting for us. They were all in on the plan and congratulated us when we arrived. We hiked the dunes and later that night we had a celebration for my brothers Birthday and for our engagement! It was the most special/perfect day ever!




Celebrating Jason's Birthday and our engagement!


Even Steves mom was in on it! Here we are opening a gift from her and Randy later that night.



I'll post more photos from the rest of our vacation in later posts.

Thanks for reading and let the wedding planning begin! ha!
xo M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment